Pages

March 6, 2012

Double-Oh-Seven



Today all I wanted to say was "I see spying people, everywhere" in the same creepy whispering voice as that kid from The Sixth Sense. Remember him??? Seriously, if you didn't know this, people spy on you all the time.

Typically, they're obvious. Like at my old job in Virginia where they snuck looks in my direction anytime I sneezed, coughed, moved, or breathed and relayed that fascinating info to anyone else in the office who had nothing better to do with their time.

At home, like at my previous apartment in Tampa, they peek in your windows when you seem to be out, just to reassure themselves that you are in fact, out. They even try to convince delivery people that they had permission to sign for packages for you. Only to say to you later that "FedEx was here with something for you from such and such place, but they wouldn't leave it with me"... DUH!

It's a fact and if you don't believe me, start a rumor about yourself, omitting your name (as I did at one of old positions) and see how quickly you hear back about it. I have tried this as a pass-time once or twice and I gotta say, it was entertaining. I don't play this game anymore but I found new ways of entertaining myself. MEOW! (for my inside crowd :p)

Whenever I go to the library to pick up books, I run into the nosiest lady at the counter, no matter when I go there. Once I was talking to someone in line about going to this place called Conrad's down the street from the library. There were a whole lot of people in line in front of us and we weren't speaking loudly. At least not enough for anyone else to hear other than those immediately in front of and behind us. I forgot all about the convo (which was months ago, might I add...), but strangely, the first thing this librarian says to me when it was my turn last week was "how did you dinner go?"...
As I was clearly confused, she added:
"You were going to Conrad's the other night... right?"
"Oh...back in November?"
"Was it that far back? I thought I saw you there a few weeks ago"
"Nope"
"Oh, I thought you were telling a friend how to get there on your phone".




And what if I were???????? I wasn't ON the phone in the library but TEXTING. How the heck did she see that? Upside down no less???? WOW! They really are everywhere!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment