Pages

January 25, 2012

Updates



I got the job!
I found out first thing Monday morning that I got the job I applied for in HR. I'm soooo happy I can't even contain myself! I can't wait to start learning new things :)
I start on the 6th, my hours will change and I will no longer have the luxury of getting home at 4:30pm, but it will all be worth it! SMILES!!!




I read an article yesterday about the new Facebook timeline. I swear they cannot decide on one layout. I bet they have someone even at this moment working on something else while we're getting used to the "new" FB page. Sigh!

As always, I was thrilled (in case you couldn't tell already) to hear that they had yet again changed the page layout and that it would take weeks to get used to it and re-learn where my stuff is on the page. And as always, I waited until the new stuff washed over me or rather, was forced upon me. That's right folks! If you hadn't changed it yet, don't worry, Facebook will do it for you. On January 31, everyone's page will be in the new fancy timeline style. Yay.

After reading about it, I decided to accept my fate and make the change myself to regain control of the situation. I found the spot, made the change and the prompt at the top told me it would not publish the timeline for 7 days, thus giving me time to "edit out" or remove anything I don't want stuck on there forever. I for one typically am careful about what I post or let myself be tagged on b/c both my parents are on FB and have been for a while and are definitely still the two people I fear most on earth. In general, I keep mine low-key, and avoid too much cursing and so on. This said, I still had a few things to remove but they were mostly from old relationships and might have made someone uncomfortable if that person were to say... read my posts from 2007!

I found a whole lot of hilarious posts though and it was nice reminiscing. I think I'm ready for the change but I refuse to call it an upgrade until I see what has been "upped"!

3 comments:

  1. How do I subscribe to this thing? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! At the top of the page on the nav bar click on "follow" and in the pop up window, choose "publicly" so I can see you :) YAY!

    Hugs <=^_^=>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answered so late... I C U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for following me to the ends of randomness =p

    ReplyDelete