Pages

January 12, 2012

It's Raining Cats & Dogs



It's pouring out there and it has been for the entire day! It's so depressing, but since we have established that I L.O.L. at depression, I will say it's "demoralizing" to sit in front of a giant wall of windows only to look out at pouring rain.

There are however certain things to always look forward to when it rains this much, or even when there is any type of precipitation. People walk in shaking their heads at me asking if I can believe this great weather we're having, or saying how hard it's raining. The usual. Sometimes, I even get to watch people who try to out-run the  rain... yeah, I shake my head at that too. It happens all the time though. Someone runs from the main lobby to the building across and think if they move fast enough, they won't get as wet. Ha ha! Not when there's THIS much rain involved, pal!

The one situation that knocks any other out of the park for me, is always the umbrella flipping itself inside out while the poor man or woman desperately tries to readjust it. Typically, they tend to forget all about the rain falling on them because they are so consumed with the need to fix the umbrella. They twist it one way then the other all the while being violently pushed around by the heavy winds. Rain goes everywhere while they lift and drop the umbrella. From my desk, it looks like that strange dance we all do when we think something is crawling up our back (oh, you know the one...). I try not to laugh, but how does one NOT LAUGH at that??? The whole time I feel like the annoying person at the movies yelling at the girl on the screen who's about to be killed by Mike Myers. I want to yell at them to keep running and worry about the umbrella when they're under an awning or back in the building but they can't see me... I'm invisible and so I laugh. Yes, I shamelessly laugh and shake my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment