Pages

December 23, 2011

You... Are... Here!








Since my last post, we drove about 7 hours to Hagerstown, MD where one of my sisters lives with her hubby and 2 adorable daughters. We rested for about an hour, munched on some delicious chicken and then cookies for desert, laughed, caught up, dropped off Christmas gifts for our Secret Santa and hit the road again around 8:30pm. It was ENTIRELY too short. I miss them all so much!!! Miss you Slice! Can't wait to see you on the way back. Save us some peanut butter cookies  :)

Then, we ventured into West Virginia. That portion of the trip was rough and very intense. The fog was heavy and the road was very windy so it was intense... after getting out of the mountains, we had to stop for the night. My poor baby was exhausted from gripping the wheel for a few hours! We found a hotel close to the Kentucky border and crumbled like rocks for 4 hours.


Then, we "stopped" in Louisville, Kentucky. I say "stopped" because we never really got out of the car because of the rain. We did drive around the city enough for me to take pictures of the convention center, some landscape including tons of bridges, the Slugger Museum and Factory which if you didn't know, is that building with a giant baseball bat leaning on it (very cool!) as well as Slugger Field, and the KFC Yum! Center, which is their newest arena. I love the name!!


The rain persisted for a little while then slowed on our way south west toward Nashville, TN. We decided to drive past Nashville because we would be getting there around rush hour traffic and nobody likes that... we circled around and headed straight to Memphis. By then it was dark and I didn't get any pics, but I will on our way back home.



From there, I  mostly slept and hubby woke me when we reached a border so I could try to take a pic of the sign. I was so ready to get out of the car and we still had LOTS of driving to do, baah... I barely remember seeing the "Welcome to Arkansas" sign, but I know I posted our whereabouts on Facebook each time we got somewhere new, lol.


After 33Hrs 25minutes of driving (mostly under rainy and foggy conditions), we have made it to Houston, TX. It's very different from Dallas. I've been there once, years ago, and once we'd landed, we had LANDED in Texas! Cowboy hats, horse shoe ties, boots, thick accent and all :). So far Houston is not feeling like Texas except that everything is humongous, of course, haha! There are tons of open spaces and land everywhere!!!!! My husband is talking about buying some of that land and building rental properties, LOL. The weather is slightly warmer but still gray and damp. We'll see about the rest... Stay Tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment