Pages

July 25, 2012

Hair-y Situations

(photo from nappstar website)

So I spent a good portion of lunch break today browsing my beautiful cousins' website (NappStar) and their Facebook page checking out their progress. So proud of you girls!!! I hope someday I get a chance to stop in for a treatment and maybe a mini photo shoot? haha! They look like they're having such a blast out there. They have a salon in Maryland and opened up another one in New York City, so go check them out if you wanna be fieeeeerce :)


Speaking of hair... I read an article today in Newsweek (I know, I'm still in shock!) about the Keratin Treatment. If you didn't already know this about me, I have been fighting with my hair on a daily basis for several years now. What to put in it, what to use on it, what not to add to it, what not to do, the list is endless and unforgiving! The hair has actually been winning in the last couple of years, but if I believe what I just read in that article, this girl could be taking the gold soon... 

My cousin CC told my sisters and I quite a while ago about the wonders of the Keratin treatment. I believed it then, but I sadly have never been able to afford it. I mean, if I had 350 macaroons to drop at once anywhere, it would be at NY & Company or H&M, right ladies? Haha, but back to the business at hand. I thought of trying it as soon as I was able and as time passed (and I still wasn't), I have come to the sad conclusion that I need to do something drastic... like maybe go natural.

Two of my sisters did already (or is it 3 now?!?!), and I think they're happy with their hair. Two of them get braids often and every time they take them out, their hair is longer. I can't remember the last time I had my hair braided and I can't even imagine trying to do that with the blistering heat we're currently experiencing here. Still, I have NO idea what to do. 

Another article I read (yes... I'm on a roll!) said that I could progressively go natural by letting the hair grow, stop relaxing it, and every other week, trim the split ends until all the relaxed hair is gone. The problem with that is, how the heck do I style it in the mean time??? If I keep pulling them into ponytails, they break; if I don't, they break. I should put some product in it, but there is WAY too much out there so what to do, what to doooo??? The second suggestion is the shave everything and wait... riiiiight! That's gonna happen, LOL! I think I'm losing hair just stressing about not losing hair. WTH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment