Pages

February 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy!



I said this two weeks ago about my mom, but I equally miss my dad. He's the strongest most dedicated man I know and I am lucky to have him in my life. Pretty much, everything I said about my mom applies here.

My favorite memories with dad are of simple moments. Riding along with him in Kinshasa, going to buy madeleines. Sitting in the living room in Berlin, eating spicy bacon and toast. Driving around town because it's a beautiful day, listening to Tracy Chapman on a Sunday afternoon. Handing him the tools while he fixed the DVD player in Addis-Abeba.  Watching 24 in Tokyo, having a beer on the couch.Watching TV Game shows like Questions Pour Un Champion in Turkey, guessing the correct answers along with the contestants.

I love you Dad!! I wish you a wonderful birthday and hope to see you this summer at my graduation.

"Mamu".

No comments:

Post a Comment